This post will allow you some good ideas towards blogging success and give some good ideas for future topics on your own blog and hopefully some good information you can pass on to other fellow bloggers that you know yourself.
This is going to be a multi-part post on this particular topic each week and I will have new blog generating topics that you yourself can use to create great blog post of your own. Here are just a few to start you off.
A GUIDE-TO… POST
Suggestion: Write your tips, tricks and hints readers would find useful for experiencing a place (a country or city), trying something new (an exercise regime), using a product or service, or attempting something you may be skilled in (writing short stories or purchasing the right camera).
– A DIARY ENTRY
Suggestion: For the blogger who’s open to revealing their more honest side, a diary-style post will do just that! Talk freely about an experience, what’s on your mind, your hopes or plans for the future or a funny story from your past.
– A QUIZ
– A NEWS STORY
Suggestion: Scour the news headlines or press releases you’ve received to write a post on a current topic that your readers will be interested in. Bloggers who are quick to jump on news stories may be well-rewarded traffic-wise.
– A GLOSSARY
Suggestion: Write a post defining the popular words used by bloggers in your niche (such as this site’s glossary!). Promote it as a go-to, must-book mark resources for those new to the topic, emphasising how hand it is for them to refer to often. Use The Alphabetizer to quickly put the words in order.
Ideas for “Best of” posts:
1. The best blog posts you’ve read the past week or month – with links.
2. Writers (or authors, teachers, industry leaders, philanthropists) who inspire you.
3. Your favorite blogs. Example: Belinda Pollard’s 4 useful blogs to get you started in self-publishing.
4. Helpful tools and resources you depend on.
5. Your favorite (or most-viewed, or a group of related) posts from your blog.
6. Who to follow on Twitter (Facebook, Pinterest, whatever) – and why.
Money & Business
17. Offline business consulting
18. Creating niche websites
19. Running a day care center at home
20. Personal finance for young parents
21. Trading stocks
Well that’s it for now. I’ll be back next week with much more information to keep the ideas and brain juices flowing. Till then happy trails, don’t atke any wooden nickles and we’ll keep the light on for you.